Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week Thirteen

     This has been a very rewarding week - I finally finished the very last container. Now that I have finished putting everything into files I have six boxes of files! In order to make it easier to organize the Dorr Felt Collection into series I have begun to take the files and narrow the subjects into even more files. This process is going quickly and I am able to have a good idea of how the series will be set up. I should be able to work on those soon. Once I have the series set up I will begin to work on finding aids for the collection.

     Working at the Loyola University Archives has taught me many things. The most important being that I love it! I am able to learn about the responsibilities and attributes in the archival field, as well as discuss the field and the available opportunities with experienced archivists. The amount of information, insights, and advice that I have received is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment