Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week Fourteen

     This week I finished creating files for the series. I have begun to divide all of the folders into series. To do this I get  to spread the folders into piles across the gigantic table and use post it notes to label each pile as I go. I am almost finished creating the series. Once this is finished I will continue on with the process and create finding aids. Some of the series will be gigantic, such as aviators. There were two boxes of files just on this topic - not including the women aviators.


     I am amazed at how quickly time has gone by while working at the Loyola University Archives! Each day that I am there I learn new skills and aspects of an archivist's job. I find that the longer I am at the Archives the more I wish I could spend my entire week there. The best part of my experience has been finding out that my goal to work in the archives field is exactly what I want to do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment