Monday, November 11, 2013

Week Eleven

      This week I continued to sort through all of the information in the boxes. I have finished twenty-two boxes so far. That leaves me just five boxes - and I am half way through with one of those. I have had to add another box for my files, now I am up to five of those.
     
      In the Dorr Felt Collection there is one picture so I was able to learn about the differences in  the folders that the pictures are stored in. These folders are even more protective than the normal archiving folder, which is acidic to protect the documents.
    
     Once I am finished separating the boxes I will begin to create finding aids for researchers looking for information. There are so many topics covered in this collection - it will be a challenge....
                                                         and nothing is better than a challenge!

       I find myself amazed every week how much I look forward to going in to the Loyola University Archives. I am getting ready to begin week twelve and I wish it could be week two! Doing this internship at the Loyola University Archives has helped me to realize that my goal of becoming an archivist is perfect for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment