Friday, October 18, 2013

Week Eight

This week I realized I am half way through - and was sorely disappointed!
     As I have continued to work through the boxes of information, sorting them into files, I have not only been remembering my amazement as I first went through these sources, but continue to feel amazement. As I am filing away I notice different aspects to the sources. Dorr Felt's personal notes have a shaky quality  - and he mainly wrote in pencil. In the newspaper clippings not only are words spelled differently - but also peoples names! One week it may be MacCracken and another McCracken.
 
 
      I am also finding that Dorr Felt collected a lot of everything  and did not necessarily organize it very well. There is information about the Chicago Public Schools, Unions, and business information.Even with all the disorganization of his methods I still find it fascinating that he took the time and effort to pay a company to clip all the articles and pay for the many containers to store the articles, correspondence, advertisements, pamphlets, air mail envelopes, and so forth - as well as the personnel. It has left his proceeding generations with a wealth of information .....    
                         Thank you Dorr Felt!!                                                                    
 
 
 

 
This week I went to the Loyola University Archives page and was perusing the information and I found some very helpful links for anyone who would like more information on the field of archiving -
 
Here are the links (now added to my favorites!)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment