Saturday, September 7, 2013

Week Two

     This week I have continued to survey the Dorr Felt collection. Last week I was able to get through boxes one through eight, while this week only boxes nine through fifteen. My consolation is that the boxes have steadily increased with the amount of materials inside. Its now getting hard to fit the sources back into the box and close it! I am actually increasing in speed, even though I finished one less box.... I wonder if I will find the rest of the boxes continue grow in size?
     Every box I open has something that makes me smile. I have found advertisements for shoes that I wish they would sell again! There was a headline about gentlemen preferring blondes...  I continue to find articles on plane racing, records, regulations, airports, Chicago's growing importance, and stories about the many men and women involved in flying.
     One of my absolute favorite finds this week is on Lindbergh, the first pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. There was an article in the newspaper explaining his personality through the use of physiognomy. We all hear about these things in classes, but I never expected to see it first hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment